Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Welcome Normal!

My saying for the town of Normal is "Welcome to Normal where nothing is Normal"

My reason for saying this is because somethings in this town are so topsy tervy! I mean in this close ot rural town parking is like that of Downtown Chicago! Thats so backwards but i think its like that because its also a college town!
so my first piece of advice for my friends is find a safe parking place! Because the police down here are so petty and will quickly write you a ticket! I have a ticket on my account and i don't even own a car! I mean like thats how crazy that can get down here. But i guess that is expected because there's not a high crime rate down here so traffic violations are all the cops have to do outside of drunk college kids, and shutting down frat parties.... They don't have anything else better to do..... Sad isn't it lol

But on to other matters in Normal there is strangly alot here that you can do. Me and my friends like to go to the hookah lounge on thursdays and wind down.... Cause after Wednesday my week gets really slow and easy and that like the best but back to the subject matter. You can also take in all the different restuarants they have to offer They have something that will fit anyones appetite!

Wally World (b.k.a.: WalMart)
I think that this place is like a college students heaven because no matter what the product is they always have it in stock unlike the one back home. and its always open even at the oddest times of the night which means its open for late night tweak sessions! which are the best when you have nothing else better to do with your life.

And last but not least check out ILLINIOS STATE UNIVERSITY!
Its like the best school in the world
Its a comfortable diverse campus and there is so much going on all the time so its kind of hard to
be bored here if its not in the winter time because the weather can be the ickyest!

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the parking. I come from a town where people park everywhere and I have never gotten a parking violation. I don't have my own car, but friends of mine have gotten tickets. It's ridiculous. Sometimes, you can get them dropped though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so strict with the fines and tickets because thats how the town makes their money and they know that we are college students so they are very petty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cops r nuts about parking. my first week down here i got a $20 ticket for parking on the street when there was snow on the ground. (there wasnt even enough snow to plow)

    ReplyDelete