Wednesday, January 21, 2009

OBAMATION!!!!!!

Well as you all know the inauguration was yesterday! Unfortunately I had class at the time but i ditched class to watch History in the making! I kinda missed some of it cause I didn't get into my room until like 11:30. I caught the middle of his speech and i believe this was what he said "Today I say to you that the challenges we face are real. They are serious and they are many. They will not be met easily or in a short span of time. But know this, America - they will be met. " That caught my interest into looking into the inauguration a little bit more! But unlike everyone else i watched it on HNL and they had all day coverage . So i also caught when the reporter where asking speech expert how they thought President Obama did and most of them said he did great job except for certain things! And in my opinion Obama did a great job on his speech it was uplifting and inspirational. He took a firm stand when it came to patroitism and stated that we as a coutry were the greatest What i found was different about his speech was instead of stating the things he would like to get acccomplished. He actually told the people the things he was going to do and how he would achieve them. He was kinda nervous and stumbled throught the speech on one part but i can't rememer.

But this is the way the speech made me feel. I felt so honored to be living that day to see the first black president. i mean come on we just made HISTORY! Hopefully I'll live long enough to tell my grand kids and kids about it! I'm hoping that it won't be the last minority president because this just shows how our country is advancing and overcoming our past and moving forward and past the racial barriers that once plagued us as a people. I actucally think that Obama iS THE CHANGE that we as a country neede and i hope that he can bring us out of this recession and make America the GREAT country that it once was! And hopefully we can move forward in all walks of life and be come one as a country!


1 comment:

  1. I just made it in time to watch the inauguration speech. It was so inspiring for me to watch. I am excited for the next four years with obama and maybe even 4 after these 4.

    ReplyDelete